Welcome to the “Ski festival with Heart“
This slogan describes the encounter with sports enthusiasts – the pure fascination for skiing. As media representatives you are ambassadors of the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships 2013.
In the upcoming months, Schladming will turn into the Mecca of skiing: World Ski Championships 2013, World Cup Nightrace 2012, World Cup finals 2012. The organizers of the World Championships and the World Cup are already welcoming international and national media representatives to the “Ski festival with Heart“ today. As the media and communication unit, we want to give you support by all means possible and offer best possible working conditions. The new media center, only a 3-minute walk away from the finishing area, will be inaugurated on 9 December 2011 and will be at your disposal during the Nightrace 2012.
The media and communication team is looking forward to welcoming you there.
Head of Media and Communication
- Participants: approx. 650 athletes from 70 nations
- Volunteers: approx. 1,000 volunteers
- Attire: approx. 7,000 pieces of clothing by Halti
- Food: approx. 1,200 meals per day
- Accommodation: approx. 1,800 landlords, about 28,000 beds
- Cable cars: 113 lifts, 223 kilometres of slopes
- Transport: free rides with the Austrian Federal Railways in the surrounding area of 50 kilometres; a valid event ticket includes free bus shuttle servicces in the Schladming area.
- World Championships car pool: approx. 55 Audi and VW vehicles at the OC car pool
- Parking: for approx. 4,000 cars and 400 buses
- Security: approx. 260 private securities, approx. 360 policemen (traffic policemen, alpine police, Kobra forces, criminal investigation department, Einsatzeinheiten forces), executive staff of the authorities: 4 operation commands (police, emergency forces/paramedics, fire service and security), approx. 200 Red Cross forces, 40 persons mountain rescue service, 6 doctors stationed along the slopes and 2 teams of emergency doctors
We want to realise trendsetting and distinctive World Ski Championships in the tradition of the Austrian Ski Federation.
We want to offer premium sports competitions with emotion and moments that get under people’s skin, and we want to deliver memorable pictures to skiing enthusiasts around the globe.
We set innovative accents in all regards, we surprise, and we are young, modern and daring. We stand for creativity that gives trendsetting impulses to Alpine skiing.
Today’s children are the future of Alpine skiing, which is why we also want to involve them in the World Ski Championships.
We stand for a conscientious use of the environment and its resources. We act with consideration of ecology and sustainability.
We represent Austrian hospitality and Styrian cordiality. We meet the traditional culture and lifestyle of the region.
We put a focus on teamwork and respectful interpersonal contact. Each and every single employee and volunteer is considered important for the success of the World Ski Championships.